Resources for the Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment based
Proactive and Personalised Primary Care of the Elderly
Bristol ADL Scale
Purpose : Assessment of instrumental Activities of Daily Living
Admin time : 10-20 min.
User Friendly : High
Administered by : GP or nurse
Content : The Bristol ADL scale is an informant-rated measure that covers 20 ADLs, both basic and instrumental. Items are rated on a four-point scale (from totally dependent to totally independent, with an additional “not applicable” option).
Author : Bucks RS, et al 1996
Copyright : Public domain.
Please note the following conditions of use from the author, Prof. Romola S. Bucks:
* The work must be cited appropriately.
* No amendments permitted - do not change the wording, or item order, introductory text etc. Doing so may invalidate the measure.
* No change of format permitted - do not change the layout beyond the minimal requirements needed to fit this format into an electronic record.
* Anyone who uses this work must let the author, Prof. Romola S. Bucks, know what they have used it for.
* Please contact the author if you are unsure whether a minor change of either content or format would invalidate the test.
* The scan of the used paper version and storage within an Electronic Patient Record is permitted.
* The creation of an electronic version accessed only within clinical systems such as Electronic Patient Records is permitted.
This Tool is used in the Assessment of Functioning
Back To : Assessment of Functioning
The Assessment of Functioning is one of 8 domains of the
Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment (CGA)
Back To : Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment