Resources for the Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment based
Proactive and Personalised Primary Care of the Elderly
Purpose : Measure of relationship intimacy.
Admin time : 15 min
User Friendly : High
Administered by : self
Content : A 36-item measure of relationship intimacy, encompassing five different factors and one “faking” scale.
The five factors are:
(1) Emotional Intimacy – feeling closeness, ability to share feelings, and be supported without defensiveness.
(2) Social Intimacy – having common friends and social network.
(3) Sexual Intimacy – sharing affection, touching, physical and sexual closeness.
(4) Intellectual Intimacy – sharing ideas and experiences about life and work.
(5) Recreational Intimacy – sharing of experiences, common pastimes and involvement in activities.
Respondents answer each item on a 5-point sc
ale ranging from 1 (strongly disagree) to 5
Author : Schaefer, M. T., 1981
The Sexuality and Intimacy Assessment is one of 8 domains of the Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment (CGA)
Back To : Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
This Tool is used in Sexuality and Imtimacy Assessment
Back To : Sexuality and Intimacy Assessment